Pearson is more than just the world’s leading learning company: we are a global organization revolutionizing both what and how people learn in and outside of the classroom.
Over 100+ internships will be offered to STEM and non-STEM majors for meaningful projects at the forefront of the digital transformation in the education industry. We need your help to meet the demands of where are customers are today and where they will be tomorrow.
Summer internships are offered through the Pearson Education Internship Program (PEIP), and full time career opportunities are available throughout the year.
- How to Apply
Join the PEIP Talent Community here by clicking on "Join Talent Network" then selecting "internships".
- About the Program
The Pearson Education Internship Program (PEIP) offers competitively compensated ten-week summer internships from to students and recent college/university graduates (graduation date between and ).
The Pearson Education Internship Program (PEIP) involves:
- First day orientation
- Project(s) designed by the Intern Mentor
- Professional Developmental Series 1-2 hours per week
- Mid-term and final performance appraisals
- Final capstone presentation
- Exit interview
- Mentorship by a Pearson manager
- Leadership opportunities within the program
- Career-related seminars and guest lectures at the local and national level
- Networking with Pearson managers and other interns in various locations, functions, and businesses
- Discounts on Pearson educational materials and services, Penguin books, and Financial Times
- Sample Internship Functions
Here are some of the internships that have been offered in the past. Responsibilities may vary based on the specific position for which you apply.
Quality Assurance (QA)
User Experience (UX)
Curriculum / Test Development
Product Management / Development
Research / Evaluation
Video / Multimedia Production
- Data Analytics
Internship requirements may vary based on the specific position for which you apply. See the internship listings at our career page.
- Must be enrolled in or be a recent graduate of an undergraduate or graduate program (Graduation date between January 2013 – June 2015)
- 3.2 GPA or above
- Proper authorization to work in the U.S. or Canada
- Cover letter and resume
- Desired Qualifications
Preferred qualifications may vary based on the specific position for which you apply. See the internship listings at our career page. All positions will value the following:
- Prior internship or employment experience
- Proven leadership and analytical skills
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Team player
- Adaptable to change
- Passionate about making a difference in education and impacting the future of global minds
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I apply for an internship in a region away from where I attend school/currently live?
- If I apply for an internship in a region away from where I attend school/currently live, how can I interview with a Mentor?
- When will I know if I am accepted into the PEIP?
- Can I receive college credit for this internship?
- Is this a paid internship?
- Can I apply to more than one internship within the PEIP?
- How many internships will be offered in 2014?
- Will the PEIP careers page be updated with new positions?
- Can I apply to Pearson internships that don't have PEIP in the title?
- When will I hear back about an interview after submitting my application online?
- Are international students able to apply for internship opportunities in the U.S. or Canada?
- If I have interned with Pearson in the past, am I still eligible to apply?
Can I apply for an internship in a region away from where I attend school/currently live?
Yes. If you do not currently live near the office in which you are applying to, you will be responsible for living and/or transportation arrangements during the summer.
If I apply for an internship in a region away from where I attend school/currently live, how can I interview with a Mentor?
We will arrange for final round applicants to speak with their Mentor via video conference.
When will I know if I am accepted into the PEIP?
Placement time usually depends on the number of applicants and the deadline by which you apply. However, all applicants should expect a response by the end of April.
Can I receive college credit for this internship?
The PEIP does not formally partner with universities to offer credit. If you wish to receive college credit you must arrange this with your university.
Is this a paid internship?
Yes. PEIP interns are compensated at an industry-competitive hourly rate.
Can I apply to more than one internship within the PEIP?
Yes, but you must submit a resume and cover letter tailored to each position you are applying to. We encourage you to find the internship that interests you most.
How many internships will be offered in 2014?
The number of internships will vary across different businesses, locations, and functions.
Will the PEIP careers page be updated with new positions?
New PEIP internships will become viewable to candidates on a daily basis.
Underneath the "Search Jobs" box, you can elect to be notified automatically when new PEIP positions become available by clicking the link, "Email jobs to me when they match this search."
Can I apply to Pearson internships that don't have PEIP in the title?
Any listings on the career page that are affiliated with this comprehensive career program will be listed as PEIP or mention the Pearson Education Internship Program. Other positions described as "internship" are unaffiliated.
When will I hear back about an interview after submitting my application online?
Qualified candidates will be contacted for phone interviews on a rolling basis depending on the date on which they submit their application. Due to the number of applicants, we are unable to respond to phone calls and emails regarding your application status.
Are international students able to apply for internship opportunities in the U.S. or Canada?
Yes. However, you must have proper authorization to work in the U.S. or Canada. At this time, Pearson is unable to sponsor a work visa.
If I have interned with Pearson in the past, am I still eligible to apply?
Yes. Although this does not guarantee that you will be hired for the internship, you are still eligible to apply for the program.